Charging System Center VMs based on OS type
Cloud Assert Billing solution has an extensible features that queries usage of VMs directly from System Center Operations Manager. This is a licensed feature that can be purchased as an add-on.
- A custom property like 'OSType' must be added to all the VMs and VM templates.
- SCVMM console installed in the same machine as Billing agent service.
Configuring Custom Collector
- Navigate to 'C:\Program Files\CloudAssertBilling\CloudAssert.WAP.Billing.AgentService\Scripts' in the machine where the billing agent service is installed (This folder and it's content are not shipped during the release).
- Edit 'systemcenter-vmdisk-usage.ps1'
- Specify VMM server name, user and password.
- Navigate to 'C:\Program Files\CloudAssertBilling\CloudAssert.WAP.Billing.AgentService'
- Edit 'SampleUsageExtensionsSettings.json' and set 'CloudAssert SystemCenter VMNetwork Usage Extension v0.2' to true.
- Edit 'CloudAssert.WAP.Billing.AgentService.exe.config' and set the following value to true.
- Open Cloud Assert Billing database and set the following AppSetting to true.
- Open Usage and Billing admin portal.
- Navigate to pricing profiles.
- Open the desired pricing profile and clone the desired system-center metered resource pricing.
- Set the monthly/ hourly unit price.
- Add the filter property as seen below and restart the billing agent service.
The prefix 'X-' in the filter property is mandatory. The value specified for the filter property is what is set for the VMs and VM templates.