- Connection to a SQL server
- SQL Server name, in the format, <IP Address of the SQL Server>/<Instance name>
- SQL authenticated user credential
- Name of the Billing database
Note: Billing Database must be created prior to the deployment and it must be accessible from Azure Stack.
- Netbios name of the Azure Stack domain (On ASDK, the default is AzureStack)
- Azure Stack service Admin account credentials (Azure AD account)
- Ensure if the service Admin account has "Global Administrator" role
- Tenant Subscription
- ID of the Tenant Subscription where Cloud Assert components need to be deployed
- Tenant Subscription administrator account credentials
- A tenant subscription created from an Azure Stack Offer/Plan that includes Microsoft Compute, Storage and Network services with default quotas added
- Upon creating the tenant subscription, the Microsoft Compute, Storage and Network services need to be registered from the Subscription > Resource Providers blade in the Tenant portal
- For integrated systems (i.e. multi-node), a .pfx certificate with the following domain, along with the certificate chain (i.e., root authority and any intermediate authorities): *.cloudassert.<Azure Stack region>.<Azure Stack external FQDN> should be procured from a public authority.
- For ASDK, certificate is generated as a part of the deployment.
- Password for the .pfx certificate
- Azure Stack cloud administrator credential for Privileged endpoint access E.g., <Azure Stack domain>\cloudadmin
- Download the Windows 2016 Datacenter image from the marketplace through the Marketplace Management blade in the Admin portal
- Install Azure PowerShell version 1.7.2 (Azure PowerShell)
Note: Uninstall any Azure PowerShell versions other than 1.7.2
Recommended Virtual Machine Size for Billing Resource Provider
- For POC (Proof of Concept) or when the billing solution is deployed for the first time, the deployment scripts will take care of creating the VM (VM of size Standard A3) and installing the resource provider.
- For production, it is recommended to increase the size of the VM to Standard A4 and ensure that the VM doesn’t restart on its own.